Majikiri (間仕切り) – any non-structural dividing wall within a room, from flimsy portable partitions to fixed, solid walls. The difference between “majikiri” and “kōzōkabe” is that the latter is structural and therefore subject to requirements such as structural locations within the room, as well as thickness and fastener pitch etc.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *